Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Harvest begins....


Well I use the word "harvest" very loosely but hey, we're starting to eat actual real food from our actual real garden, so that's a start at least!

We had Pasta Primavera last night, with our own snake beans, and first zucchini and a lone tomato.



I also found a ripe watermelon hiding in the sweet potato patch when I was weeding, I had no idea of it's existence until then and that made a nice surprise




The sunflowers have bloomed too,just a smaller variety but I planted Giant Russians a few days ago so I hope I have some success with them. It would be quite spectacular to have 3 metre high flowers to gaze at when I wake in the morning ( well when I'm not gazing at Teddys face 2 millimetres from mine, "Mummy, Mum , Mummy, Muuuum Mum ,MUMMY").


Other than that it's just been nesting/baking/nesting/baking....6 weeks to go now until bebe #4 is here but 6 weeks may as well be 6 years in this weather, I feel like an elephant who has been pregnant for years.But nursery is ready to go, pram re-assembled,Etsy quilt arrived, carseat bought and now all I really have to do is pay off a few remaining laybuys, and sit at home and mope...whilst baking bread and other delicious things that are contributing to my backfat.





Oh and find The Name, we really must do that....I really think the poor poppet is going to be called Baby all her life, Beau and I are having so much trouble settling on a name.
And yes Valentina and Serafina are definately out my Constant Readers.



So.....what you YOU think she looks like? ;)

10 comments:

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

Sob. Valentina's out??????????????
You're killing me. :-(

Luciana then? Or Lucia.

Loled at "Mummy..Mummy" from Teddy. Yesterday, at 4am, I woke to Sammy's fingers up my nose. It's all the same, really, isn't it?

Sally said...

I love your sunflowers, they're gorgeous! I have some seeds lying around somewhere that produce sunflowers 10 metres tall. Or maybe not. I am not sure, just hazarding a wild guess!

I didn't realise you were pregnant, how exciting! I like Mel's suggestion of Luciana.

You have a lovely big belly!

Sal xxo

Anonymous said...

Awww such a beautiful belly! I Love it! Oh and totally Looove the sunflowers, one of my fav flowers, they just make ya smile.
K kisses for all the Princess' & the Prince oh & the beast (Beau if you didn't figure)

Luv Aunty B

Handmade n Heartfelt toys and play food said...

You most definately do not look like an elephant - you look gorgeous!!! And well done on your garden and the nursery looks divine. I can appreciate the feeling like an elephant though - totally hearing you on that one!

Anonymous said...

How about "Neat Bump"?? You are in seriously good shape for Baby # 4!

I LOVE Serafina - even though it has been co-opted by Hollywood types.

How about

Imogen
Alessandra
Luisa
Octavia
Zelda (love F. Scott!)
Persefone
Sigourney

All girls I have actually met!

Kate

出会い said...

エロセレブとの出会いを完全無料でご提供します。逆援助で高額報酬をゲットしよう

ツイッター said...

全世界で大ブームを巻き起こしているツイッター!!それを利用して今まで経験したことがないような恋を経験してみませんか

ゲーマーチェッカー said...

ゲーマー達のステイタス、ゲーマーチェッカーであなたのゲーマー度数を測定!!測定結果を元に自分と同レベルのオンライン対戦も出来ます。ゲームが得意な人もそうでない人もどちらも楽しめますよ

スタービーチ said...

日本最大級のであいコミュニティ「スタービーチ」で恋人を探しませんか。素敵なであいを経験して理想の人と楽しい思い出を作りましょう

流出画像 said...

芸能人のプライベートな流出画像など、色々なヤバい写真も見れる。無料登録で思う存分楽しんで下さい