Sunday, January 10, 2010

Beware the Ides of March(Flies)


Well in a valiant effort to follow through with my resolutions, here I am again Dearest Readers.

I'm back from our trip to the wilds, our first official "Family Camping Trip". Amazingly Beau and I remained on speaking terms for most of the trip.

Biggest hurdles were the evil mass of march flies that decided it had never feasted upon a tastier morsel than my pregnancy bloated legs and the torrential downpour we had the first night. Probably not helped by the fact I clung to Beau all that night whimpering and clutching a hammer and asking him if the bolts of lightening was actual Axe Murderers come to butcher me in my sleep....Ahem anyway.

But despite this we all had a great time, I floated in the beautiful freshwater creek scaring the cows, Beau wandered around half naked trying to spear fish and the kids turned half wild.


We came home to find the garden had bloomed once again( especially the bloody nutgrass)and some self seeded pumpkin and tomato had also popped up. I've managed to con Beau into setting up my raised garden bed as well, so I've been fantasising about what seeds I'm going to order for that. I'm thinking some Purple Chilli, Pink Thai Tomato and a heritage variety of Thai Eggplant. Ohhh and I'm ordering some Yams and fantasising about the Push Mower I saw in Bunnings yesterday....exciting much?

So that's about it for my thrilling life at the moment, I'll finish off with some updated garden pictures and if you can stay awake through that consider it a triumph.

Zucchini Patch

Sunflower

Pumpkin

Watermelon hiding behind the Pumpkin

Sweet Potato

More Watermelon

Self Seeded Butternut

Raised Garden Bed

My amazing garden in its entirety


Peace out.

3 comments:

Manda said...

Camping sounded like fun...haha love the pics :)

Garden is looking great :)

Mimi Ruse said...

Beautiful garden ... I'm jealous, here in the U.S. under a pile of snow.

I am wondering about using a photo of your daughter, Raphaella, that I saw on your blog in an article I'm writing about Down syndrome. It's actually for a parent factsheet about DS. I can tell you more if you're game, so please let me know.

I'm also the mom of a beautiful girl with DS, about the same age as your daughter. I write about her on my blog if you would like to know more.

Ciao!
Mimi
http://www.iheartmimi.com

Edie said...

You're more than welcome to use the picture Mimi, I love having Raph shown off :)

I just had a read of your blog, your little girl is a stunner ;)