Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Resolutions.



Can you guess #1 is to Blog with more regularity?




After wasting approx 6 months of my life this year mentally drooling over everyone elses blogs

I've finally found the motivation to return once again, if only to TELL you I've found the motivation to return once again.



So you all know 1# now, and I pinky swear now Non Constant Reader I will stay true.


Now for the rest.



#2 To eat better. Somehow whenever I fall pregnant I change from being the food nazi to consuming anything that crosses my path. Somehow I doubt my breakfast each morning of chocolate rolo dessert custard and diet coke is doing much for my backfat or helpful for optimal fetal nutrition.




3# To live more sustainably. This shall be the ultimate challenge considering I can barely spell sustainable, but hey my hearts in the right place. Normal wanky suburban measures are being put in place, half dead vegetable garden etc haha. Aim in the new year is to get some chicken and a bokashi bin. But I have been trying, I've even given up the dream of having a hushamok for bebe #4 and instead I'm putting that money towards a stash of cloth nappies....the ultimate sacrifice *wipes a tear*.


If only I had inherited my mothers green thumb.




#4 To finally get on top of all our debt and start saving for some land, after being inspired by the very clever Kelly of http://theantirat.blogspot.com/ .




#5 Learn how to sew. BAHAHAHAHA *clutches sides*


And now just a preview of the start of my "resolutions", hopefully now I've admitted all this I'll follow through!






My Meyer Lemon Tree


Imperial Mandarin Tree



Zuccini



Pumpkin


My Snazzy new watering can



Sprouting sweet potato.


Homemade laundry powder

I also have Chocolate capsicum, two types of tomato,watermelon,passionfruit,basil, snake beans,eggplant and balinese sweet corn growing. Beau also gave me a lovely raised garden bed for Christmas but we're yet to assemble it. Hopefully I manage to get something edible in the end!

Last but not least, a new companion to Fred and our latest addition.



"Frankie Blue Eyes"

4 comments:

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

It's about bloody time,woman!

Great resolutions. I had to laugh (and then drool - diabetic here) at your breakfasts.

Oh, by the way.

Valentina. Valentina. Valentina.

Just sayin'. ;-)

fran said...

So glad you're back! I've missed you!

Oh and Valentina all the way! ;-)

Kelly said...

Valentina? What happened to Octavia and Lucia?

And did you go watering can shopping without your mummy this time, rofl!

Edie said...

Bit over Octavia and Lucia....I'm over them all....I'm gonna call her La-Quisha.


And yes yes I did. She laughed when she saw it, I'm just devvo that they'd sold out of all the pink ones LOL