Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A Road Trip Down Memory Lane.


I think everyone must have a special place, the one place that a little part of them always wishes they were.

Mine would easily be Wallaroo on the Yorke Peninsula.

As a teenager I lived there, and spend many a hot day soaking up the sun on Wallaroo Jetty or swimming at the sea pool.

There is no where on earth that has sunsets like Wallaroo and often no where on else I'd rather be.

Erin and I had a charming house ( OK I admit it, Dive ) in Wallaroo & some of my best pre children memories are my adventures there.

Since living in Cairns I don't think a day has passed I havn't missed being there, & I finally got the opportunity on Labour Day to go back with Erin, this time instead of a teenager , as a wife with children of my own.


Our first stop was Bute , where we stopped in to visit Bob aka "Goggles",Erin's dad & my substitute father.


The kids had a blast rolling around in the South Australian red dirt, and Teddy got a chance to "ride" a 4 wheeler.







Then onto Kadina, where the boys got to ride BMX & Erin and I went cruising to drive past my old house & to visit with some old school friends ...






Then onto Wallaroo.






After a quick tour of our old house,my favourite phonebox and Wallaroo Jetty it was back home to Adelaide, with significantly filthier children!

2 comments:

Vanessa x said...

I'm sooooo glad you got to Wallaroo Ow ~ I know how much you've wanted to go there :)

LMFAO at the phone box ~ I don't even want to know why that was a fav spot :P

xxxx

Mandy @ Belle and Boo said...

look at those blue skies, how lovely.